Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Homes Alive Pets website. The terms and conditions stated below identify what you, as a User of homesalive.ca can expect from Homes Alive Pets (hereafter referred to as “HAP”).
By visiting any area on homesalive.ca, creating an account, or making a purchase via the website, the User is deemed to have accepted the Terms and Conditions of use. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should leave the HAP site immediately.
- Licences & Restrictions
- Copyrights & Trademarks
- Downloads & Content
- Online Shopping
- Purchasing Methods
- Sales Tax
- Risk of Loss
- Child Users
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Applicable Law & Jurisdiction
(1) Licences & Restrictions
- HAP grants the User a limited, revocable, nonexclusive licence to make personal, non-commercial use of the contents of homesalive.ca.
- HAP grants the User a limited, nonexclusive, and revocable right to create a hyperlink to homesalive.ca if the link does not negatively reflect on the HAP brand, products, services, or provide misleading, false, or offensive matter as determined by HAP.
- These licenses do not include any rights to:
- Commercial use of homesalive.ca or its content (unless written consent has been given by HAP);
- Enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that apply to homesalive.ca;
- Use any automated means to access or index homesalive.ca, its systems, or its content;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of homesalive.ca.
(2) Copyrights & Trademarks
- The content on the website is property of HAP, its business partners, or a third party (which HAP has purchased the rights to use). This includes all images, logos, and written content. It is prohibited to copy any content or images from the website unless prior written consent has been given from HAP.
(3) Downloads & Content
- HAP has provided information on homesalive.ca for the benefit of Users who own pets, or users seeking information regarding pets. The User has the right to download, print, and discuss the content displayed on our website, however, it is strictly prohibited for the User to copy, distribute, or use the content for commercial use.
(4) Online Shopping
- All prices listed on homesalive.ca are in Canadian dollars. The price shown on the website may differ from the price listed in a HAP store location. HAP reserves the right to set and change prices based on our competitive strategies. It is possible that a price may be changed between the time period that you placed an item in your shopping cart and the time that the purchase was actually made. Under this extremely rare circumstance, the User will pay the price that the product has been adjusted to at the time of the actual purchase. If the User feels as though there was a mistake in the price, they may send a descriptive email to email@example.com.
- All sales from homesalive.ca will be distributed only within Canada, and all transactions will be made in Canadian Dollars.
- HAP reserves the right to refuse any sale of products to any customer without giving reason, so long as the refusal is legally permitted.
- HAP does not sell to resellers and reserves the right to refuse selling to anyone perceived to be buying high volumes and reselling, based solely on HAP’s judgement.
- Please note that variations may occur in the coloration or appearance of products on your monitor. If this creates an issue for you and you wish to return a product, please reference "Returns & Exchanges Policy".
(5) Purchasing Methods
- HAP accepts the following payment methods online: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and PayPal. HAP will charge your credit card at the time of purchase. If questions or issues arise with your payment method, call our toll-free number (1-800-839-7232). In the case of PayPal use, the customer's PayPal account will be charged at the time of purchase.
(6) Sales Tax
- HAP sells to all provinces and territories within Canada. This site will collect and remit sales tax as required by law.
- Unless otherwise stated on the coupon’s terms and conditions, coupons may not be combined with any other sales or promotional offers.
- Limit of one coupon per transaction.
- Coupons may not be redeemed for cash, refund, or credit.
(8) Risk of Loss
- HAP insures all products when HAP the shipper. However, HAP will not assume responsibility for product lost or damages in the situation where the User ships a product.
- HAP assures that it follows a standard procedure to perform a quality inspection check before items are packed and delivered to the carrier.
- Insurance coverage from Canada Post and Fedex does not cover stolen packages. HAP is not responsible for stolen packages after delivery.
(9) Child Users
- The safety of children is very important to HAP. This site is marketed and intended for Users over the age of 13. HAP will not knowingly collect information or sell products (online) to children under the age of 13.
- Notwithstanding, HAP is unable to prohibit the use of Users under the age of 13, and we depend on parents and guardians to monitor which materials are appropriate for children under 13.
- HAP markets its products to Users with credit cards (i.e., individuals over the age of 18). HAP is unable to determine the age of the purchaser, and we depend on parents and guardians to protect their credit card information.
- HAP will not knowingly sell products to users under the age of 18.
(10) Disclaimer of Warranties
- The User agrees that the use of this site is at their sole risk. This site is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. HAP, as well as its third-party agents, cannot and do not warrant that your use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- The User acknowledges that the information on this page may contain inaccuracies or errors.
- We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent possible by law. Neither HAP nor its third parties have any responsibility for the User’s action or inaction in connection with this site or any damage to the User’s computer or data or any other damage you may incur while using this site.
- HAP and its third parties disclaim all warranties, whether expressed or implied, including fitness for a particular purpose. Nothing that an employee says or writes will create a warranty, except where law prohibits the limitation of specific warranties.
(11) Limitation of Liability
- Under no circumstances will HAP or its partners be liable for any damages that result from the User’s use or inability to use this site.
- HAP assumes no responsibility for any error, oversight, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of any User communication.
- Under no circumstance shall HAP be liable for any damages that result from the use or inability to use the HAP site, including but not limited to reliance by a User on any information obtained from the HAP website or that result from mistakes, defects, omissions, deletion of files or e-mail, interruptions, errors, viruses, delays in transmission or operation, or any failure of performance.
- HAP offers free advice, pet care sheets, product information, and other resources for the convenience of our customers, and for educational uses. This information is not a replacement for veterinary care, and HAP does not claim to give professional advice. This information should not be used for diagnosing or treating a pet. If your pet is experiencing health issues or injuries, you should consult a licensed veterinarian. HAP assumes no responsibility for action taken based on information given by homesalive.ca. Regardless of the event, HAP will not under any circumstances be liable for any amount.
(12) Applicable Law & Jurisdiction
- HAP is controlled in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The laws of the province of Alberta will govern the Terms and Conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
- Each User agrees to submit to the laws of the courts located within Edmonton, Alberta, and waives any objection to the laying of venue of any litigation in said courts.
- HAP reserves the right to make any changes to the homesalive.ca site, posted policies, and the Terms and Conditions at any time without notice or liability.