Acana Senior Dog Foodby Acana Pet Foods
Product has been added to cart
- Biologically appropriate formula - Senior Dog Recipe
- 65% free-run cobb chicken, whole eggs & wild-caught flounder
- 35% fresh and local fruits vegetables & botanicals
- Supports healthy nutrition and maintenance in senior dogs
- Free from grain, corn, soy, tapioca, and wheat
- Never frozen and no preservatives
- Formulated for all adult dogs 7 years and older
- Available in 4.5 lb (2 kg), 13 lb (6 kg), and 25 lb (11.4 kg) bags
- Made in Canada
About Acana Grain-Free Foods
Acana Grain-Free Formula Dog Food's inspiration and ingredients come from Canada’s vast and fertile lands which provide quality, regional sources always delivered fresh without preservatives and never frozen. This creates a biologically appropriate, protein-rich formula with various meats, just as nature intended!
About Acana Senior Dog Food
Acana Senior Dog Food has been formulated to be biologically appropriate for all breeds of senior dogs (over 7 years of age). It is rich in a variety of animal proteins, which make up 65% of the food. This includes free-run chicken (meat, liver, heart, kidney, and cartilage), whole eggs, and wild-caught flounder. The remaining 35% includes fresh and local vegetables, fruits, and botanicals that are used to provide a wide variety of essential nutrients to help keep your aging dog feeling young.
Senior dogs tend to do best being fed a diet rich in proteins and low in carbohydrates to promote and maintain lean muscles while reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes. This formula is free from grains, soy, wheat, corn, and tapioca. It is also made without the use of artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives. This is infused with omega fatty acids for luxuriant, healthy skin & coat. With all that said, this food is unmatched with its regional and fresh ingredients from Canada’s best to create a top-quality food to keep your dog healthy and happy!
Available in 4.5 lb (2 kg), 13 lb (6 kg), and 25 lb (11.4 kg) bags.
*Acana is updating the packaging of their Senior formula to what is pictured. During this transition, you may receive the old or new packaging. This product still features the same tasty ingredients your dog loves, but with a fresh new look!
|Crude Protein (min.)||33.0%|
|Crude Fat (min.)||14.0%|
|Crude Fibre (max.)||6.0%|
|Crude Ash (max.)||7.0%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2.2%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||1.0%|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid; min)||0.3%|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid; min)||0.3%|
Calorie Content: 3325kcal/kg, 399 kcal/ 120 g cup
Calories are distributed with 35% from protein, 29% from carbohydrates, and 36% from fat.
|Weight of Dog||Active (Cups per Day)||Less Active (Cups per Day)|
|5-10 kg (11-22 lb)||3/4 to 1 1/2 cups||1/2 to 1 cup|
|10-20 kg (22-44 lb)||1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups||1 to 1 2/3 cups|
|20-30 kg (44-66 lb)||2 1/2 to 3 1/3 cups||1 2/3 to 2 1/4 cups|
|30-40 kg (66-88 lb)||3 1/3 and 4 1/4 cups||2 1/2 to 2 3/4 cups|
|40-50 kg (88-110 lb)||4 1/4 to 5 cups||2 3/4 to 3 1/4 cups|
|50-60 kg (110-132 lb)||5 to 5 2/3 cups||3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups|
*1 cup = 120 g. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. This chart is a guide and may differ based on your dog's feeding habits and activity levels.
Fresh chicken (19%), chicken meal (18.5%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, turkey meal (6%), fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart) (5%), herring meal (4%), pea fibre, eggs (4%), raw flounder (4%), fish oil (3%), whole chickpeas, whole green lentils, whole yellow peas, pea starch, chicken fat (1%), raw turkey liver (0.5%), dried kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh whole pears, fresh whole zucchini, dried chicory root, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh turnip greens, fresh beet greens, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole saskatoon berries, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips.
ADDITIVES (per kg) Technological additives: With antioxidants. Nutritional additives: Choline chloride (choline): 700 mg, 3b606 (Zinc: 75 mg), 3b406 (Copper (II): 5.5mg), Vitamin B1: 25mg, Vitamin B5: 8 mg, Vitamin B6: 7.5mg, Vitamin A: 7500 IU, Vitamin D: 1000 IU, Vitamin E: 100 IU. Zootechnical additives: 4b1707 Enterococcus faecium NCIMB 10415 2.2x10^6 CFU.
- newAcana Singles Dog Treats - Free-Run DuckStarting from: $0.00Temporarily Out of Stock
- Fromm Crunchy Os Grain-Free Dog Treats - Blueberry BlastsStarting from: $9.99
- Fromm Crunchy Os Multigrain Dog Treats - Pot Roast PunchersStarting from: $9.99
- Red Barn Chew-A-Bulls Brush - MediumStarting from: $2.69