COVID-19 Update: How Homes Alive Pets is Preparing and Responding
Last Update: November 3rd, 2020
Homes Alive Pets remains committed to helping Canadians access quality pet food and supplies along with keeping our staff, customers, and community safe. As the Covid-19 situation evolves and new ideas come to the surface, we are implementing further and meaningful measures to keep everyone safe. Though not an exhaustive list, here are some precautions we are taking across our stores and operations:
- Store hours have returned back to regular operating hours.
- As part of our normal practice, our stores are cleaned and sanitized 2x per week. We have also stepped up our efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like checkout counters, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We have introduced signage in each store to remind guests and staff about social distancing and abiding by the recommended 2m.
- We have placed markers at checkout, signs around the stores, and sings near hand sanitizers in-store.
- Our staff are required to sanitize shopping carts, handles, and counters every hour, and to wipe pin pads after every transaction.
- We have provided our team members with gloves so that when they are handling product or any guest transactions, they are protected and protecting our guests as well.
- We have installed plexiglass at the tills for staff and guest safety.
- We are highly encouraging debit and credit transactions over cash.
- We have canceled all in-store events until further notice.
Our Valuable Team
- We have been diligent in allowing staff to stay home if they show any symptoms. Our staff are able to stay home and get paid for two weeks without exhausting sick, personal, or vacation time.
- If customers are unable or uncomfortable with shopping in-store, they are more than welcome to shop online. We have most of our products online, and we offer Free Shipping on orders over $100 in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Southern BC.
- We want to be able to offer our guests the value of 10% Tuesday while preventing crowds from forming in-store. For that reason, we will be providing a one-time coupon that can be used during the month of July in-store or online. This will allow our guests to enjoy the value that they have come to love while still preventing crowds from forming. Here is a link to get your 10% Tuesday coupon: https://info.homesalive.ca/10-tuesday-july
- Please note. 10% Tuesday is a program that we only do in our local markets, so the coupons will only be applicable for shipments within Edmonton and Lethbridge.
I would like to acknowledge how wonderful our staff and community have been. We are all in this together, and I am so proud of our team in how they have continued to serve each and every guest, and I am also so grateful for every single guest that has supported and trusted us through this time.
Evan Ropp | Co-Owner