COVID-19 Update: How Homes Alive Pets is Preparing and Responding
Last Update: April 1, 2022
Homes Alive Pets remains committed to helping Canadians access quality pet food and supplies along with keeping our staff, customers, and community safe. As the Covid-19 situation evolves and new ideas come to the surface, we are implementing further and meaningful measures to keep everyone safe. Though not an exhaustive list, here are some precautions we are taking across our stores and operations:
- Store hours have returned back to regular operating hours.
- As part of our normal practice, our stores are cleaned and sanitized 2x per week. We have also stepped up our efforts to disinfect high-traffic and high-touch areas like checkout counters, door handles, and bathrooms.
- We have introduced signage in each store to remind guests and staff about social distancing and abiding by the recommended 2m.
- We have placed markers at checkout, signs around the stores, and sings near hand sanitizers in-store.
- Our staff are required to sanitize shopping carts, handles, and counters every hour, and to wipe pin pads after every transaction.
- We have installed plexiglass at the tills for staff and guest safety.
- We are highly encouraging debit and credit transactions over cash.
- We have cancelled all in-store events until further notice.
Our Valuable Team
- We have been diligent in allowing staff to stay home if they show any symptoms. Our staff are able to stay home and get paid for two weeks without exhausting sick, personal, or vacation time.
- If customers are unable or uncomfortable with shopping in-store, they are more than welcome to shop online. We have most of our products online, and we offer Free Shipping on orders over $100 in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Southern BC.
- In the effort to prevent crowds on 10% Tuesday, we have re-introduced a one-time use coupon that can be used anytime in the month of April in-store or online within Alberta. You may get the coupon here.
I would like to acknowledge how wonderful our staff and community have been. We are all in this together, and I am so proud of our team in how they have continued to serve each and every guest, and I am also so grateful for every single guest that has supported and trusted us through this time.
Evan Ropp | Co-Owner