Acana Classic Red Dog Foodby Acana Pet Foods
Product has been added to cart
- Made in Canada
- Biologically appropriate formula
- Low-glycemic carbohydrates such as Alberta steel-cut oats
- 50% grass-fed lamb, Angus beef, and Yorkshire pork
- 50% fresh fruits, vegetables & botanicals
- Ingredients from trusted, local sources delivered fresh every time
- Optimal healthy skin and coat
- No wheat, rye, potatoes, corn, tapioca, or gluten
- Never frozen and no preservatives
- Processed and sourced from Canada’s best and freshest ingredients
- For all breeds and life stages
About Acana Classics Formulas
Acana Classics Formula Dog Food inspiration and ingredients come from Western Canada’s vast prairies, Pacific waters, and local ranches which provide quality, regional sources always delivered fresh without preservatives and never frozen. This creates a biologically appropriate, protein-rich formula with a variety of meats, just as nature intended! Not to mention the local fruits & vegetables are delivered fresh and fit for human consumption. These high-protein, low-glycemic formulas are free of GMO's, added water, tapioca, and potatoes to give your dog only the best quality ingredients.
About Acana Classic Red Dog Food
As for Acana Classic Red Dog Food, this food features ingredients such as Grass-fed Alberta Lamb, Alberta Angus Beef, Alberta Yorkshire Pork, and sun-ripened fruits and vegetables from British Columbian farms. This food is free of high-glycemic carbohydrate sources and instead uses high quality alternatives such as Alberta steel-cut oats, whole peas, and whole lentils. The recipe is infused with Omega-3 Fatty Acids from wild-caught Herring for luxuriant, healthy skin & coat. This food is unmatched with its regional and fresh ingredients from Canada’s best to create a top quality food that will keep your dog healthy and happy!
- Biologically Appropriate Formula – Ingredients and nutrients for the body to absorb easily and readily
- Low-Glycemic Carbohydrate Sources – Causes blood sugar to rise less over longer periods of time
- 100% Regionally-Sourced Ingredients – Delivered fresh every day from trusted local sources
- Rich and diverse in protein – 50% grass-fed lamb, Angus beef, Yorkshire pork, and herring oil
- Fresh and local fruits, vegetables & botanicals – 50% fruits, vegetables, and botanicals that come from trusted, local sources delivered fresh every time
- Promotes Optimal Skin and Coat Condition – Each bite of ACANA Classic Red is rich in marine-source Omega 3 (DHA, EPA) from wild-caught herring to support immunity and luxuriant skin & coat
- Enhanced metabolism – Organic sea vegetables and botanicals including chicory root, milk thistle, turmeric, and rosehips enhance metabolism while nourishing and toning your dog's digestive tract.
- No added water – Gently steam-cooked in their natural juices
- No wheat, rye, tapioca, potatoes, corn or gluten – Ingredients often associated with digestive disorders
- Never frozen and no preservatives – Truly fresh ingredients fit for human consumption
- For all breeds and life stages
|Crude Protein (min.): 29%||Omega-6 (min): 2.50%|
|Crude Fat (min.): 17%||Omega-3 (min): 0.80%|
|Crude Ash (max.): 7.5%||DHA (min): 0.15%|
|Crude Fiber (max.): 5%||EPA (min): 0.15%|
|Moisture (max.): 12%||Glucosamine (min): 600 mg/kg|
|Calcium (min.): 1.5%||Chondroitin sulfate (min): 800 mg/kg|
|Phosphorus (min.): 1.1%||Carbohydrate (NFE): 29.5%|
|Linoleic Acid (min.): 2.3%|
Vitamins, Minerals, & Amino Acids
|Vitamins||Minerals||Amino Acids||Botanical Inclusions|
|Vitamin A||40 IU/kg||Sodium||0.30%||Lysine||2.04%||Chicory Root||400 mg/kg|
|Vitamin D3||2,500 IU/kg||Chloride||0.4%||Threonine||1.27%||Turmeric||100 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||200 IU/kg||Potassium||0.7%||Methionine||0.6%||Milk Thistle||100 mg/kg|
|Thiamine (B1)||5.5 mg/kg||Magnesium||0.13%||Isoleucine||1.18%||Burdock Root||100 mg/kg|
|Riboflavin (B2)||7 mg/kg||Iron||290 mg/kg||Leucine||2.31%||Lavender||100 mg/kg|
|Niacin (B3)||60 mg/kg||Zinc||210 mg/kg||Valine||1.61%||Marshmallow Root||100 mg/kg|
|Pan. Acid (B5)||45 mg/kg||Copper||15 mg/kg||Arginine||2.24%||Rosehips||100 mg/kg|
|Pyridoxine (B6)||5 mg/kg||Manganese||25 mg/kg||Phenylalanine||1.36%|
|Vitamin B12||0.12 mg/kg||Iodine||5 mg/kg||Histidine||0.69%|
|Folic Acid||1 mg/kg||Selenium||0.45 mg/kg||Tryptophan||0.34%|
|Weight of Dog||Active||Less Active|
|2 kg (4 lb)||1/3 cup||1/4 cup|
|5 kg (11 lb)||1 cup||1/2 cup|
|10 kg (22 lb)||1-1/2 cups||1 cup|
|20 kg (44 lb)||2-1/3 cups||1-1/2 cups|
|30 kg (66 lb)||3-1/4 cups||2 cups|
|40 kg (88 lb)||4 cups||2-2/3 cups|
|50 kg (110 lb)||4-2/3 cups||3 cups|
* 1 cup = 120 g. To help maintain freshness. we recommend sealing bag tightly and storing in a cool, dry location. This chart is a guide, and may differ based on feeding habits and activity levels of your dog.
Delivered Fresh Every Day
ACANA Classic Red features an unmatched variety of local ingredients that are raised or fished by people we know and trust, tested to be fit for human consumption, and then delivered to their door fresh each day!
Lamb meat meal (23%), steel-cut oats (22%), fresh angus beef (5%), fresh yorkshire pork (5%), lamb fat (5%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, whole green lentils, raw grass-fed lamb (4%), whole oats, fresh beef liver (2%), pork meat meal (2%), herring oil (2%), fresh pork liver (2%), whole garbanzo beans, whole yellow peas, sun-cured alfalfa, lentil fiber, fresh beef tripe (1%), dried brown kelp, fresh pumpkin, fresh butternut squash, fresh parsnips, fresh green kale, fresh spinach, fresh carrots, fresh red delicious apples, fresh bartlett pears, freeze-dried beef liver (0.1%), fresh cranberries, fresh blueberries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips. SUPPLEMENTS: Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Choline chloride, Zinc chelate, Vitamin B5.
ACANA mirrors the meat and protein concentrated diets that all dogs are meant to eat, while reducing the carbohydrates and high-glycemic grains that cause blood sugar levels to rise and fluctuate.
Compared to conventional foods, ACANA delivers more calories from protein and fat and fewer calories from carbohydrates, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes and promoting your dog's peak health.
Metabolic Energy for ACANA Classic Red Dog Food is 3,493 kcal/kg (419 kcal per 250ml/cup) with 30% of energy from protein, 30% from vegetables and fruits, and 40% from fat.