Acana Pork & Butternut Squash Dog Food
Product has been added to cart
- Made in Canada
- Biologically-appropriate formula
- Free of chicken, eggs, dairy and fish
- Low-glycemic and low-carbohydrate formula
- Great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- 50% Free-run pork
- Grain-free = no wheat, rye, corn, or gluten
- Never frozen and no preservatives
- Processed and sourced from Canada’s best and freshest ingredients
- For all breeds and life stages
Acana Singles Limited Ingredients Formula Dog Food inspiration and ingredients come from Canada’s vast and fertile lands which provide quality, regional sources that are always delivered fresh without preservatives. This creates a biologically appropriate formula with a single animal protein, just as nature intended! Not to mention the fresh, local fruits & vegetables are never frozen and are fit for human consumption. Acana Singles also include low-glycemic oats as the only grain ingredient from a trusted source in Northern Alberta.
As for Acana Pork and Butternut Squash Dog Food, this formula features an ingredient list loaded with 50% premium pork meats, organs, and cartilage, produced exclusively from pork that is fit for human consumption. The other 50% of the ingredients includes superior fruits and vegetables such as butternut squash, bartlett pears, spinach greens, and Red Delicious apples – all of which are sourced from rich, regional prairie soils as well as the fertile Okanagan valleys.
This formula is completely grain-free and ranks very low on the glycemic and carbohydrate scales, meaning it will not cause your dog's blood sugar levels to fluctuate inconsistently. It is infused with fish-free Omega-3 Fatty Acids to avoid allergies and promote a luxuriant, healthy skin & coat. With all this said, this food is unmatched with its regional and fresh ingredients from Canada’s best to create a top quality, limited-ingredient dog food to keep your dog healthy and happy!
- Biologically-appropriate formula – Ingredients and nutrients for the body to absorb easily and readily
- Regional sources for all ingredients – Delivered fresh every day from trusted sources
- Low-glycemic and low-carbohydrate formula – Grain-free formula to avoid allergies and fluctuations in energy level
- Single animal protein infused with freeze-dried pork – Great for dogs with sensitive stomachs
- 50% Free-run pork – Single animal protein that's unmatched by any other competing dog food
- Fresh and local fruits & vegetables – 50% fruits and vegetables from trusted, local sources delivered fresh.
- Optimal healthy skin and coat – Fish-free Omega 3 fatty acids to support luxuriant skin & coat and boost immunity
- No added water – Gently steam-cooked in their natural juices
- No wheat, rye, corn or gluten – Ingredients often associated with digestive disorders
- Never frozen and no preservatives – Truly fresh ingredients fit for human consumption
|Crude Protein (min.): 27%||Omega-6 (min): 4%|
|Crude Fat (min.): 15%||Omega-3 (min): 1%|
|Crude Fiber (max.): 6.5%||LA (min): 3.9%|
|Moisture (max.): 12%||EPA (min): 0.10%|
|Calcium (min.): 1.9%||DHA (min): 0.20%|
|Phosphorus (min.): 1.2%||Glucosamine (min): 600 mg/kg|
|Calcium: Phosphorus Ratio 1:5:1||Chondroitin sulfate (min): 800 mg/kg|
Vitamins, Minerals, & Amino Acids
|Vitamins||Minerals||Amino Acids||Botanical Inclusions|
|Vitamin A||17 KIU/kg||Sodium||0.3%||Lysine||2.0%||Chicory Root||600 mg/kg|
|Vitamin D3||800 IU/kg||Chloride||0.45%||Threonine||1.1%||Ginger Root||300 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/kg||Potassium||0.8%||Methionine||0.5%||Peppermint Leaf||300 mg/kg|
|Thiamine||12 mg/kg||Magnesium||0.12%||Isoleucine||1.1%||Lemon Balm||300 mg/kg|
|Riboflavin||14 mg/kg||Iron||150 mg/kg||Leucine||2.1%|
|Niacin||90 mg/kg||Zinc||150 mg/kg||Valine||1.4%|
|Pan. Acid||19 mg/kg||Copper||12 mg/kg||Arginine||2.0%|
|Pyridoxine||12 mg/kg||Manganese||15 mg/kg||Phenylalanine||1.3%|
|Vitamin B12||0.19 mg/kg||Iodine||4 mg/kg||Histidine||0.7%|
|Biotin||0.5 mg/kg||Selenium||0.9 mg/kg||Tryptophan||0.3%|
|Folic Acid||1.7 mg/kg||Cystine||0.3%|
|Weight of Dog||Active||Less Active|
|2 kg||4 lb||60 g||1/2 c||40 g||1/3 c|
|5 kg||11 lb||120 g||1 c||60 g||1/2 c|
|10 kg||22 lb||180 g||1 1/2 c||120 g||1 c|
|20 kg||44 lb||300 g||2 1/2 c||200 g||1 2/3 c|
|30 kg||66 lb||420 g||3 1/2 c||270 g||2 1/4 c|
|40 kg||88 lb||510 g||4 1/4 c||330 g||2 3/4 c|
|50 kg||110 lb||600 g||5 c||390 g||3 1/4 c|
|60 kg||132 lb||690 g||5 3/4 c||450 g||3 3/4 c|
* 1 cup = 8oz. To help maintain freshness. we recommend sealing bag tightly and storing in a cool, dry location. This chart is a guide, and may differ based on feeding habits and activity levels of your dog.
Deboned pork*, pork meal, green lentils, red lentils, pork liver*, butternut squash*, pork fat, green peas, yellow peas, canola oil, algae, garbanzo beans, pumpkin*, carrots*, pork kidney*, freeze-dried pork liver, kelp, chicory root, ginger root, peppermint leaf, lemon balm, mixed tocopherols (preservative), dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product.
Supplements - Only 1
ACANA mirrors the meat and protein concentrated diets that all dogs are evolved to eat, while reducing the carbohydrates and high-glycemic grains that cause blood sugar levels to fluctuate.
Compared to conventional foods, ACANA delivers more calories from protein and fat and fewer calories from carbohydrates, reducing the risk of obesity and diabetes and promoting your dog’s peak health.
Metabolic Energy for Acana Pork & Butternut Squash is 3288 kcal/kg (395 kcal per 120 g cup) with 29% of energy from protein, 32% from fruits and vegetables, and 39% from fat.