Exo Terra Coco Husk
Product has been added to cart
- 100% natural substrate
- Designed for natural terrariums
- Adds humidity to terrariums
- Stimulates natural burrowing and digging instincts
The Exo Terra Coco Husk is the perfect tropical terrarium substrate.
Made out of compressed coconut husks from tropical plantations in Asia, this ecological substrate is used for adding humidity in terrariums. Once prepared, the substrate is safe for salamanders, frogs, and any burrowing or digging animals.
Makes approximately 8L (7.2 qt).
Directions for using Exo Terra Coco Husk Tropical Terrarium Substrate
- Place the brick in a 10 L (2.6 gallon) bucket and add 3 L (100 oz) of water.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes until it completely absorbs the water and has no clumps remaining.
- Stir the substrate to ensure that no clumps or compressed parts remain and that the substrate is ready to use.
- Spread a 3-5 cm (1"-2") layer of Exo Terra Coco Husk on the terrarium floor (up to 4-10 cm when using for burrowing animals or as planting soil.)
- Water or mist the substrate according to the humidity level your terrarium requires.
- Be sure to monitor the humidity level with an Exo Terra Hygrometer.