Zoo Med Hydroballs
Product has been added to cart
- Increases humidity
- Excellent for live plants
- Perfect for vivariums
- Ideal for tropical species
- Net Wt. 2.5lb
ZooMed Hydroballs are a lightweight expanded clay substrate for your terrarium. Use as a base layer under your terrarium substrate to create an underground water table and a natural terrarium setting.
Drainage Layer or Aquifer Instructions:
- Rinse Hydroballs to remove dust.
- Pour base layer (minimum 2 inches) of Hydroballs into your terrarium.
- Add a a layer of mesh on top of the Hydroballs to prevent the top substrate from mixing in with the Hydroballs.
- Add terrarium substrate of choice over the mesh.
- Add dechlorinated water to create a natural aquifer.
- If you would like to create a natural pond in your terrarium, vary the depth of the Hydroballs. Add water to the desired depth.
- Insert a small submersible pump into the rear corner of your terrarium, Connect a hose of the appropriate length to the pump that will direct the water to the desired location of the waterfall.
- Follow the Drainage Layer Instructions (above).
- Add a terrarium background to the back wall to hide the hose.
- Run hose to the upper portion of your background, and through a hole. Plug in your pump, and the water will flow down your background, through the substrate, and back into the Hydroballs aquifer. Enjoy!
Write Your Own Review