Ruffwear Knot-A-Hitchby Ruffwear
Product has been added to cart
- Tie down system with a mountain climbing design
- Can be secured to a post or two trees
- Quick and easy to setup - uses a tension system with an auto-lock and crux clips
- Uses 7 mm kernmantle rope with reflective material
- Swivel carabiner - secure, prevents tangles
- Comes with a storage pouch with a storm flap - stores lose rope and keep the elements out of the bag
- Available only in a 36 ft length
The Ruffwear Knot-A-Hitch is a dog-hitching system that allows your dog to roam around the campsite on a secure system. Inspired by the design of mountain climbing gear and techniques used by mountain climbers, this pouch contains 7mm Kernmantle rope that has crux clips on each end of the rope that secures the daisy chain and rope onto a tree or post and keeps the rope tight using tension and an auto-lock system. At the centre of the rope is a swivel carabiner that attaches your dog's leash so he can explore without the worry of the leash becoming loose or tangled. Stitched within the kernmantle rope is reflective material for added safety at night.
Knot-A-Hitch keeps everything together with its built-in nylon storage pouch with a storm flap to help keep the elements out of the bag. Available only in a 36 ft length; Please see the specifications tab for more information.
Stow Bag: 16x18.5x5 cm (6x7x2")
Hand wash product with mild detergent and allow it to air dry.
How to Use
1) Unzip the zipper located on the back of the pouch
2) Pull out the daisy chain from the back of the pouch and loop around a tree or post
3) Once wrapped around, use the crux clip attached to the kermantle rope to attach to the daisy chain
4) Pull out the Kermantle rope from the bag and lead it to the other post or tree
5) Once wrapped around, use the crux clip and attach to the rope
6) Pull the rope back to the first tree or post, this will start to adjust and tighten the kermantle rope
7) Once you are back at the first tree finish tightening the rope and store any loose rope back into the pouch
8) Attach your dog's leash onto the swivelling carabiner