Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover
Product has been added to cart
- Treats up to 50 US Gallons
- Maintains low levels of phosphate to result in cleaner, healthier aquarium water
- Helps limit algae growth
- Allows corals to efficiently absorb the calcium they require to grow and reproduce
- Contains ferric oxide, an iron-based phosphate binder ideal for use in aquarium filters
- Will not affect pH or hardness
- Contains loose media and empty media bag for convenient use
- One container is sufficient to remove 20 mg/L (ppm) of phosphate per 50 gallons
- For freshwater or saltwater environments
Fluval Lab Series Phosphate Remover quickly adsorbs large amounts of phosphate, silicate and dissolved organics without leaching adsorbed substances. 150 g removes up to 20 mg/L (ppm) of phosphate per 189 litres (50 U.S. gal.). Maintaining low levels of phosphate will create cleaner, healthier aquarium water. For marine aquariums, it will also allow corals to efficiently absorb the calcium they require to grow and reproduce.
As reference 15g = 30cc
For Freshwater Aquariums
- Use 1 gram per 1 US Gallon (3.78 L).
- A dose of 50 grams per 50 US Gallons (189 L) can remove 6.5 mg/L of phosphate.
In planted aquariums, the treatment should be limeted to removal of excess phosphate. You should never remove all phosphate as plants require a significant concentration of orthophosphates to thrive. Fertilizer with micro-elements should also be added after treatement.
For Saltwater Aquariums
- Use 1 gram per 2 US Gallons (7.56 L).
- A dose of 25g per 50 US Gallons (189 L) can remove 3.2 mg/L of phosphate.
- For saltwater aquariums with reef organisms (such as SPS) it is recommended to use the resin with caution.
- Use a dose of 1 gram per 5 US Gallons (18.9 L)