Exo Terra Plantation Soil Brick
Product has been added to cart
- 100% natural substrate
- Best for natural terrarium set-ups
- Will increase humidity in terrariums
- A natural material that stimulates a digging instinct for burrowing animals
- Can be used as nutritional substrate for living plants
- Available in Single or 3-pack
Exo Terra Plantation Soil Brick is made out of compressed coconut husk fibre from tropical plantations in Asia.
This ecological substrate is perfect for increasing humidity in your terrarium and is safe for salamanders, frogs, and burrowing animals. Plantation soil has hygroscopic (absorbing moisture from the air) properties, so can be used as incubation medium. This natural substrate has the properties of a nutritional planting soil for living plants in a terrarium.
Directions for using Exo Terra Plantation Soil
- Place the brick in a 10 L (2.6 gallon) bucket and add 3 L (100 oz) of water.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes until it completely absorbs the water and has no clumps remaining.
- Stir the substrate to ensure that no clumps or compressed parts remain and that the substrate is ready to use.
- Spread a 3-5 cm (1"-2") layer of Exo Terra Coco Husk on the terrarium floor (up to 4-10 cm when using for burrowing animals or as planting soil.)
- Water or mist the substrate according to the humidity level your terrarium requires.
Be sure to monitor the humidity level with an Exo Terra Hygrometer.
Each brick makes approximately 8.8 L (8 qt) of Plantation Soil