Exo Terra Heat Wave Desert Reptile Heating Pad
Product has been added to cart
- Ideal for dry or desert terrariums
- Can be used for for bottom dwelling reptiles with under tank mounting
- Can be use for tree bottom reptiles if mounted on the back or the sides of the terrarium
- Conductive heat generator for reptiles and arachnids
- Helps in thermo-regulating, which is aids digestion, activity, metabolism, and appetite
- Safe, even heat distribution for your terrarium
The Exo Terra Heat Wave Desert - Reptile Heating Pad imitates sun-heated sand beds in the desert.
Dessert regions can generate extreme hot surfaces depending on the strength of the sun and how many hours a day it reaches those surfaces. The substrate in deserts is dry and does not increase the air humidity as seen in rainforests or tropical areas. The Heat Wave Desert Substrate Heater safely create these specific dry conditions in the terrarium.
Works for bottom dwelling reptiles or arachnids when mounted under the terrarium, and for tree bottom reptiles the heater can be mounted on the back, or the sides of the terrarium.
Reptiles are ectotherms, or cold-blooded. In their natural biotope, reptiles often use surfaces heated by the sun (branches, rocks, sand or the forest floor) as a heat-conductor.
The Heat Wave Desert Substrate Heater simulates this by heating the substrate of the terrarium. It is important to leave sufficient cold spots to provide the animals with options and make thermo-regulation possible.
Exo Terra Desert Terrarium Substrate Heater Sizes
|Extra Small||10 cm x 12.5 cm (4" x 5")|
|Small||20 cm x 20 cm (8" x 8")|
|Medium||26.5 cm x 28 cm (10" x 11")|
|Large||27.9 cm x 43.2 cm (11" x 17")|
- The Heat Wave Dessert Substrate Heater should not be used without substrate in order to prevent reptiles from being burned.
- The efficiency of the Heat Wave Desert Substrate Heater depends on the kind of substate used and the thickness of the layer, as some substrates are more conductive than others.
- It is recommended to use the Heat Wave Desert Substrate Heater only for dry or desert terrariums with sand or gravel substrates for optimal results.
- For Glass Terrariums Only.
- Spacers MUST be used to prevent reptile burning.
- Read all instructions carefully.