Exo Terra Cricket Pen, Small
Product has been added to cart
- Complete cricket care kit
- Ventilated, removable lid
- Cricket dispensing tubes
- Comes with a cricket food dish and water bowl
- Keeps cricket feeding mess-free
- Holds up to 20 adult crickets
The Exo Terra Cricket Pen Small is used for storing and for the dispensing of live crickets.
Crickets prefer the dark, and will crawl into the hiding tubes, which can be used as dispensing tools. When the lid is removed, the tubes stay in place, giving easy access and less chance of cricket escape.
- Size: 18 cm x 14 cm x 11 cm (7” x 5.5” x 4.3”)
Small Cricket Pen Capacity:
|Cricket Size||Pen Holds (approx.)|
|under 2-4 mm (under 1/2")||100 crickets|
|5-6 mm (1/2")||50 crickets|
|Adult 7-8 mm||20 crickets|
Holds up to 20 adult crickets
To Feed Crickets
- remove one dispensers
- Tap the dispenser to feed the crickets
- Self-closing dispenser holes
- Easy access top
Directions for Use:
- Can be used as a cricket carrier or holding pen.
- Slide the tube out of the Cricket Pen and let the flapper close to prevent escapes.
- Cover the tube opening with one hand during transport to the terrarium or feeder.
- Remove your hand and gently tap on the tube to free the number of crickets for feeding.
- Use one tube at a time to avoid crickets escaping.
- Provide a slice of apple to the crickets to "gut load" and keep your crickets alive longer.
- Keep crickets in a well-ventilated room, in low humidity at a temperature range between 21-23 °C (70-75 °F).
- Don't store in direct sunlight on in rooms with cold drafts.
- Keep your cricket pen clean and dry.
- Cricket food and water (gel) should be available at all times, using the shallow food and water dishes provided.
- You can use a moist sponge if water gel is not available.
- Using water alone may drown your crickets.
- Clean the unit regularly.
- Remove debris and any waste.
- Clean the entire pen with hot tap water.
- Don't use soap or detergent because it may leave a residue that can be harmful or even deadly to the crickets.