Acana Puppy Dry Dog Food Recipeby Acana Pet Foods
Product has been added to cart
- Biologically appropriate formula - Puppy Food
- 70% Free-Run Chicken, Whole Grade-A Eggs & Wild-caught Flounder
- 30% fruits vegetables & botanicals
- Supports healthy nutrition and development in puppies
- Free from grain, corn, soy, tapioca, and wheat
- Never frozen and no preservatives
- Suitable for all breeds of puppies
- Available in 4.5 lb (2 kg), 13 lb (6 kg), and 25 lb (11.4 kg) bags
- Made in Canada
About Acana Puppy Food
Acana Puppy and Junior dog food has been formulated to be biologically appropriate for all breeds of puppies weighing 9 -25 kg when they reach maturity. Acana Puppy Food is rich in a variety of animal proteins, which make up 70% of the food. This includes free-run chicken (meat, liver, heart, kidney, and cartilage), whole eggs, as well a wild-caught flounder. The remaining 30% of protein in Acana puppy dog food includes fresh vegetables, fruits, and botanicals that are used to provide a wide variety of essential nutrients to your developing puppy.
This formula is made without preservatives, flavours, and colours. Acana Puppy Dog Food is infused with omega-3 fatty acids for luxuriant, healthy skin & coat. With all that said, this food is unmatched with its fresh ingredients from Canada’s best to create top-quality food to keep your puppy healthy and happy!
Acana Puppy Junior is free from grains, soy, wheat, corn, and tapioca. For a grain-friendly option, check out Acana Healthy Grains Puppy Recipe.
Acana Puppy Food Canada is available in 4.5 lb (2 kg), 13 lb (6 kg), and 25 lb (11.4 kg) bags. Check out all Acana Dog Food to find the best diet for your growing pooch.
*Acana Puppy is updating the packaging to what is pictured. During this transition, you may receive the old or new packaging. This product still features the same tasty ingredients your dog loves, but with a fresh new look!
Acana Puppy Food FAQs
How much Acana Puppy Food to feed? A 15kg puppy should eat approximately 2.5 cups of food per day. Check the specifications tab to see Acana Puppy Food feeding guidelines based on current weight and expected adult weight.
Until what age do I feed Acana Puppy Food? Most small to medium-breed puppies should eat puppy food until about 1 year old. Larger breeds may need to stay on puppy food until 18 months, and some giant breeds benefit from puppy foods until 2-2.5 years.
|Crude Protein (min.)||33.0%|
|Fat Content (min.)||20.0%|
|Crude Fibre (max.)||5.0%|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) (min.)||0.3%|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid ) (min.)||0.3%|
Calorie Content: 3660 kcal/kg 439 kcal/ 120 g cup
Calories are distributed with 32% from protein, 22% from carbohydrates, and 46% from fat.
|Expected Adult Weight (Cups per Day)|
|Weight of Puppy||5 kg (11 lb)||10 kg (22 lb)||20 kg (44)||30 kg (66 lb)|
|2 kg (5 lb)||2/3 cup||2/3 cup||2/3 cup||2/3 cup|
|5 kg (11 lb)||2/3 cup||1 cup||1-1/3 cups||1-1/3 cups|
|10 kg (22 lb)||---||1-1/4 cups||1-3/4 cups||2-1/4 cups|
|15 kg (33 lb)||---||---||2-1/2 cups||2-1/2 cups|
|20 kg (44 lb)||---||---||2 cups||3 cups|
|25 kg (55 lb)||---||---||---||2-3/4 cups|
|30 kg (66 lb)||---||---||---||2-2/3 cups|
* 1 cup = 120 g. To help maintain freshness. We recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. This chart is a guide and may differ based on your dog's feeding habits and activity levels.
Fresh chicken (18%), chicken meal (18%), whole red lentils, whole green peas, fresh chicken giblets (liver, heart) (7%), chicken fat (7%), turkey meal (4%), eggs (4%), raw flounder (4%), herring meal (4%), fish oil (3%), whole green lentils, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, pea fibre, pea starch, raw turkey livers (1%), salt, dried kelp, fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole carrots, fresh whole apples, fresh whole pears, fresh whole zucchini, dried chicory root, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh turnip greens, fresh beet greens, fresh whole cranberries, fresh whole blueberries, fresh whole saskatoon berries, turmeric, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips.
ADDITIVES (per kg) Technological additives: With antioxidants. Nutritional additives: Choline chloride (choline): 700 mg, 3b606 (Zinc: 112.5 mg), 3b406 (Copper (II): 11mg), Vitamin B1: 25mg, Vitamin B5: 8 mg, Vitamin B6: 7.5mg, Vitamin A: 7500 IU, Vitamin D: 1000 IU, Vitamin E: 100 IU. Zootechnical additives: 4b1707 Enterococcus faecium NCIMB 10415 2.2x10^6 CFU.
- Fromm Crunchy Os Grain-Free Dog Treats - Blueberry BlastsStarting from: $9.99
- Fromm Crunchy Os Multigrain Dog Treats - Pot Roast PunchersStarting from: $9.99
- Red Barn Chew-A-Bulls Brush - MediumStarting from: $2.69